Terms and Conditions of Advertising on this Site
Below, you will find the terms relating to advertising on Wise Grey Owl's web site. Please don't hesitate to contact our help desk
(firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have any questions about these terms.
The terms and conditions set forth in this document apply to all persons or organisations ("Advertisers" or "you" or "your") who wish to advertise on Wise Grey Owl's
website (the "Site"), and constitute a binding, legal agreement ("Agreement") between you and Wise Grey Owl Limited
("Wise Grey Owl" or "we" or "us"). We suggest that you to print and keep a copy of this Agreement for reference.
Please read the information below carefully. By creating an advert which is subsequently accepted by Wise Grey Owl and displayed on the Site,
you accept the terms and conditions described below, and you warrant and represent that you have the legal capacity to enter into this Agreement.
- Our Advertising Guidelines consist of advertising content criteria, site standards, and all other applicable requirements.
- The Advertising Guidelines, as well as our Data Use Policy and Statement of Rights and Responsibilities, apply to all advertisement ("ads" or "Ads")
served by or appearing on the Site.
- Ads must not contain false, misleading, fraudulent, or deceptive claims or content.
- Data and Privacy
- You may use information provided directly to you from users if you provide clear notice to and obtain consent from those users and comply with
every and all applicable laws and industry guidelines.
- You may not directly or indirectly transfer any data to, or use such data in connection with any ad network, ad exchange, data broker, or other
advertising or money-related tools. By indirectly we mean you cannot, for example, transfer data to a third party who then transfers the data
to an any other network.
- Ad Creative and Positioning
All components of an ad, including any text, images, or other media, must be relevant and appropriate to the product or service being offered and the
audience viewing the ad. Ads may not contain audio or animation of any kind that plays automatically without a user's interaction. Ads may not position
products or services in a sexually suggestive manner. Ads may not contain content that exploits political agendas or "hot button" issues for commercial use.
Additionally, ad text must include proper grammar and the use of all symbols, numbers, or letters must adhere to the true meaning of the symbol.
Ads must clearly represent the company, product, service, or brand that is being advertised. Products and services promoted in the ad copy must be
clearly represented on the landing page, and the destination site may not offer or link to any prohibited product or service. Additionally, ads may not
suggest false relevancy to generic offers.
Ad text may not assert or imply, directly or indirectly, within the ad content or by targeting, a user's personal characteristics within the following
- race or ethnic origin;
- religion or philosophical belief;
- sexual orientation or sexual life;
- gender identity;
- disability or medical condition (including physical or mental health);
- financial status or information;
- membership in a trade union; and
- criminal record.
- Destination Sites
Ads must lead to a functioning landing page that does not interfere with a user's ability to navigate away from the page.
Ads must always apply appropriate targeting and never use targeting criteria to provoke users. Ads for regulated goods and services (e.g. alcohol
and gambling), must abide by all applicable laws, regulations, and industry codes. Specific requirements for dating services, alcohol, gambling,
contraceptives and subscription services must adhere to the requirements listed in the sections below.
- Ad Content
Advertisers must ensure that their ads comply with all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines. All claims in ads must be adequately
substantiated. Ads must not offend users. Ads and any offers promoted within ads must not be false, deceptive or misleading or contain spam. Ads must
not contain or promote illegal products or services. Ads must not violate the rights of any third parties. The following specific content guidelines apply:
- Adult Products
Ads may not promote the sale or use of adult products or services, including but not limited to toys, videos, publications, live shows, or sexual
enhancement products. Ads for family planning and contraception are allowed provided they follow the appropriate targeting requirements.
- Ads that promote or reference alcohol are prohibited in the following countries: Afghanistan, Brunei, Bangladesh, Egypt, Gambia, Kuwait, Libya,
Norway, Pakistan, Saudi Arabia, United Arab Emirates, Yemen and any other jurisdiction where such ads are prohibited by law.
- Where permissible, ads that promote or reference alcohol must:
- Comply with all applicable local laws, required or recommended industry
codes, guidelines, licenses and approvals and
- apply age and country targeting criteria consistent with Wise Grey Owl's targeting guidelines and
applicable local laws. Where a user's age or country cannot be determined, the ad must not be displayed to the user.
- Please refer to the local law enforcement and advertising standards for further advice on advertising alcohol.
Ads for adult friend finders or dating sites with a sexual emphasis are not permitted. Ads for other online dating services must adhere to the
dating targeting requirements and the name of the product or service must be included in the ad text or image.
- Drugs and Tobacco
Ads may not promote or facilitate the sale or consumption of illegal or recreational drugs, tobacco products, or drug or tobacco paraphernalia.
- Gambling and Lotteries
- Ads that promote or facilitate online gambling, games of skill or lotteries, including online casino, sports books, bingo, or poker, are prohibited.
- Lotteries run by government entities may advertise on Wise Grey Owl, provided that ads must be targeted in accordance with applicable law in the
jurisdiction in which the ads will be served and may only target users in the jurisdiction in which the lottery is available.
- Ads that promote offline gambling establishments, such as offline casinos, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations, are prohibited.
- Pharmaceuticals and Supplements
- Ads must not promote the sale of prescription pharmaceuticals. Ads for online pharmacies are prohibited except that ads for certified pharmacies may
be permitted with prior approval from Wise Grey Owl.
- Ads that promote dietary and herbal supplements are generally permitted, provided they do not promote products containing anabolic steroids, chitosan,
comfrey, dehydroepiandrosterne, ephedra, human growth hormones, melatonin, and any additional products deemed unsafe or questionable by Wise Grey Owl in its
Ads may not contain or link directly or indirectly to a site that contains spyware/malware downloads or any software that results in an unexpected, deceptive or unfair user experience, including but not limited to software which:
- "sneaks" onto a user's system;
- performs activities hidden to the user;
- may alter, harm, disable or replace any hardware or software installed on a user's computer without express permission from the user;
- is bundled as a hidden component of other software whether free or for an additional fee;
- automatically downloads without Wise Grey Owl's express prior approval;
- presents download dialogue boxes without a user's action; or
- may violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, patent or any other proprietary right.
- Subscription Services
Ads for subscription services, or that promote products or services that include negative options, automatic renewal, free-to-pay conversion billing
products, or mobile marketing are subject to the following requirements:
- Ad text must clearly and conspicuously disclose the recurring billing component (e.g. "subscription required").
- The landing page must:
- display the price and billing interval wherever the user is prompted to enter personally identifiable information;
- include an unchecked opt-in check-box; and
- include language informing users how to cancel their subscription or membership.
- Each of the foregoing must be located in a prominent place on your landing page, as determined by Wise Grey Owl in its sole discretion, and
should be easy to find, read, and understand.
- Unacceptable Business Model
Ads may not promote a business model or practice that is deemed by Wise Grey Owl in its sole discretion to be unacceptable or contrary to
Wise Grey Owl's overall advertising philosophy or to any applicable law, including but not limited to multi-level marketing schemes, or advertisements
- Weapons and Explosives
Ads may not promote the sale or use of weapons, ammunition, or explosives.
- Site Standards
Ads, or categories of ads, that receive a significant amount of negative user feedback, or are otherwise deemed to violate our site standards, are
prohibited and may be removed without compensation. In all cases, Wise Grey Owl reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine whether particular content
is in violation of our site standards.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to reject an ad for inclusion in our site.
- Illegal Activity
Ads may not constitute, facilitate or promote illegal activity.
Ads may not insult, attack, harass, bully, threaten, demean or impersonate others.
- Hate Speech
Ads may not contain "hate speech," whether directed at an individual or a group, based on membership within certain categories. These categories include,
but are not limited to, race, sex, creed, national origin, religious affiliation, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or language.
Ads that are targeted to minors may not promote products or services that are illegal for use by minors in their jurisdiction, or that are deemed to be
unsafe or inappropriate.
Ads may not contain adult content, including nudity, depictions of people in explicit or suggestive positions, or activities that are overly suggestive
or sexually provocative.
- Shock Value
Ads may not be shocking, sensational or disrespectful, or portray excessive violence.
- Wise Grey Owl References
Ads may not imply a Wise Grey Owl endorsement or partnership of any kind. Ads linking to Wise Grey Owl branded content (including Pages, groups, events,
or Connect sites) may make limited reference to "Wise Grey Owl" in ad text for the purpose of clarifying the destination of the ad. All other ads and
landing pages may not use our copyrights or trademarks (including Wise Grey Owl, the Wise Grey Owl Logos) or any confusingly similar marks.
- Rights of Others
Ads may not include content that infringes upon or violates the rights of any third party, including copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity, or
other personal or proprietary rights.
- Right of Termination
We have the right to terminate your agreement with us if you violate any of the terms of this agreement without any compensation and in any case our total
and full liability to you is the monies paid for the services provided.
- Infringement of anothers Intellectual Property or Copyrights.
YOU EXPLICITLY AGREE BY ACCEPTING THIS AGREEMENT THAT YOU WILL NEVER PLAGIARISE MATERIAL AND THEN POST IT ON OUR SITE AND
NEVER POST TO OUR SITE MATERIAL THAT WOULD INFINGE ANOTHER'S COPYRIGHT. FOR THE AVOIDANCE OF DOUBT YOU UNDERTAKE TO
INDEMNIFY US FULLY AGAINST ANY ACTION TAKEN BY A COPYRIGHT OWNER AS A RESULT OF YOUR ACTION IN INFRINGING ANOTHER'S
Issue date: 10th May 2012